Last Updated April 29, 2012
In order to use certain services of BeautySage, such as creating a profile, adding comments, writing reviews, and participating in panels on BeautySage, you must register. As part of the registration process, we require your email address. Nobody under the age of 13 is permitted to register. By not registering, you understand that certain features and services may not be available to you.
We use a third-party advertising company to serve ads when you visit our Web site. This company may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visit to this Web site in order to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you. In the course of serving advertisements to this site, our third-party advertiser may place or recognize a unique “cookie” on your browser. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by this company, please click here.
The Information We Collect
- We collect personal information for the purpose of offering a personalized, enjoyable experience. We do not collect information unless it is relevant to the primary purpose of the related BeautySage/YouBeauty Site or Service.
- We may use Web Beacons to collect Non-Personal Information about your use of any BeautySage Site or Service and the sites or services of selected sponsors and advertisers, and your use of special promotions or newsletters. The information collected by Web Beacons (i) allows us to statistically monitor how many people are using our website and selected sponsors’ and advertisers’ sites, (ii) how many people open our emails/newsletters, and (iii) for what purposes these actions are being taken.
- We collect personal information that you provide directly to us. Any information entered by you on any BeautySage Site or Service will be stored by us. We utilize this personal information to respond to your questions, provide you with specific services and feedback, send you emails about site maintenance and updates, and in other ways that may be deemed necessary for your enjoyment of the Site or Service.
- We collect information about your usage of BeautySage Sites or Services. As such, we may include on any page various metrics/data collection tools that illustrate your activity on the Site (such as uploads, feedback, etc.)
- Any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose or upload to the Site will become publicly available and, as such, can be collected and used by others.
- When an order is placed on BeautySage, we collect basic information including your name, home address, billing address, phone, email address, and credit card information. This information is used to verify your order and to respond to any questions you may have. Where required, we also share this information with certain intermediaries (product manufacturers and shipping companies) strictly to process and ship your order.
Other Sharing of Information
We neither rent, lease nor sell your personal information to anyone. We share your information only with the entities as described below:
- Affiliates – BeautySage is affiliated with a variety of businesses. We will only share information that is necessary for the affiliate to compete a process (a transaction, for example). We require our affiliates to provide the same level of privacy protection that we do.
- Agents – BeautySage may employ other companies to perform tasks on our behalf (such as Customer Service), and as such, may need to share some of your information with them.
- Promotions – We may send promotional offers to registered users on behalf of other businesses. However, we will never provide these businesses with your address or phone number, and you can cancel the receipt of these offers by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Business Transfers – In the case of BeautySage acquiring or selling assets, personal customer information will be considered a core business asset and as such, we retain the right to transfer this information as part of any such transaction.
- Newsletters & Emails – At various times, we will contact you regarding new products, brands, promotions, and special offers via email from BeautySage, unless you have opted to not receive promotional communications in connection with this Web Site. You can unsubscribe from any email at any time by simply following the directions included at the bottom of each email newsletter you receive from BeautySage. In addition, BeautySage customers will be opted in to receive YouBeauty emails.
- Corporate Responsibility – We retain the right to release personal information when it is reasonably believed that release is necessary to comply with the law. We may also do so in the case of enforcing our Terms of Service (or other agreements), or protecting the rights, property, or safety of BeautySage, the users of any BeautySage Sites or Services, our employees, or others.
Communities, Blogs, and other Public Forums
BeautySage features several community based areas on the Site and other public forums where users can share their stories with other members within the community. Our communities require membership but are viewable to the public and should not be considered private.
Any information you share online at BeautySage (including personal information or personal medical information) is open to the public and not private. You should think carefully before posting any personal information in any public forum. What you post can be seen, disclosed to or collected by third parties and may be used by others in ways we cannot control or predict, including to contact you for unauthorized purposes. Such posted information may also appear in search engine results generated by Yahoo, Google, Bing, MSN, and others. BeautySage reserves the rights to remove any verbiage that isn’t deemed appropriate.
Security of Information/Password
We recommend you always keep your password private and secure. It is also recommended that, when using a shared computer, you completely log off from our site in order to prevent unauthorized access to your password.
YouDocs Beauty, Inc.
P.O. Box 6422
Cleveland, OH 44101
648 Broadway, Suite 705
New York, NY 10012
(646) 449-9445 – phone
(646) 449-9446 - fax